Pros of protein powder- We’re living in the golden age of protein. Protein has never been as popular as it is today, and people everywhere are finally embracing the power of this powerful macronutrient.
According to research from the National Institute of Medicine, you can safely eat 30 percent of your calories from protein with zero concern about kidney or liver problems (commonly touted dangers of a high-protein diet). Aside from not eliciting any kidney or liver problems, eating more protein is better for you.
Protein is necessary for muscle construction. When practicing your muscle fibers are being torn, thus keeping the protein intake high you will be supplying your muscles with enough amino acids for reconstruction. However, too high of protein consumption can be very hard on your kidneys.
A 2009 study from the University Illinois found that when overweight and obese participants ate twice the recommended daily amount for protein, they experienced greater changes in body-fat percentage and fat loss compared to women who ate lower, traditionally-recommended levels of protein.
Here is following list of Pros of protein powder:
- Aids in building muscle if consumed properly with workouts.
- For vegetarians, whey proteins are a great source of protein.
- Protein powder is an Excellent Source of High-Quality Protein.
- Protein powder is a complete, high-quality protein, as it contains all of the essential amino acids.
- Most of the powders are not flavored with sugar. They have some artificial sweeteners, so they are very low on empty calories.
- You can consume as snacks in between two meals to substitute traditional unhealthy snacks. Due to high protein percentages, these are quite filling and satisfy hunger for longer.
- You can easily prepare it by mixing with water and doesn’t involve much effort.
- If taken immediately after a strenuous workout, it helps in muscle recovery and repair.